Choosing a landscaper should be a fun and exciting time as you dream of a new yard that finally makes you proud to have people over. Can you imagine the entertaining possibilities when you have a yard that’s fun and exciting and not a major embarrassment?
Hiring a landscape designer can also be stressful as you want to choose the right one for your project. We hope these tips will make it a little easier for you to choose a landscape designer you love.
Choosing a Landscape Designer Can Be Easy and Fun
You don’t have to get overwhelmed with the process of hiring a landscaper. Take the time to think about what you may want and even make a wish list so you have something to reference as you speak with landscapers. Take this time to consider your budget for the project as well.
Make a list of potential professionals to talk to and call them one-by-one to schedule a consultation. When you meet with them, remember to ask the questions below and talk about your unique project and desires.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Landscaper
Use this list of questions as a jumping off point for your meetings with landscapers. You may want to add to this list based on your individual needs but starting here will help you compare the landscapers as you make your final decision.
- Are you a full-service design and build landscaping firm or only a landscape designer?
- Do you have examples (ask for photos!) of your past work that sound like my style or what I’m asking for?
- Do you offer a consultation at my home so we can meet you and discuss the space in person?
- What ideas do you have for our space?
- Can you give me a range of cost?
- How do you handle changes of the scope of the project?
- Can you suggest substitutions to reduce cost without impacting the look and feel we want too much?
- What’s the estimate time frame for completion?
- When can we expect to see growth of any greenery or plants?
- How much maintenance will the new space need to keep it looking great? Do you offer maintenance packages as well?
Additionally, you may want to ask specific questions about your wish list such as what low maintenance plants can you recommend; should we choose a patio or a deck; or what’s the best paving stone for heavy traffic and an outdoor kitchen? These more specific questions can help you decide on certain materials and options.
When you take the time to ask these questions while you are hiring a landscaper, you shouldn’t have any trouble making the decision that’s best for you. At Exotic Gardens, we are here for all of your landscaping needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.