Outdoor Kitchen Construction
Luxury outdoor kitchen design in Morgan Hill, Los Gatos, San Jose and more
One of the most important spaces in your home is your kitchen. Yet, when you’re entertaining family or friends, it just never seems large enough. An outdoor kitchen is a perfect way to double your cooking space and make entertaining so much more enjoyable, for you and your guests.
If you love cooking and entertaining, having a custom outdoor kitchen can provide you with a way to do both in one place. Whether you are looking to host a large family party with a backyard barbecue or just prepare a quiet dinner for two, Exotic Gardens can provide you with the outdoor kitchen of your dreams. Our team designs and builds outdoor kitchens in Morgan Hill and surrounding areas, and we’re ready to help you today.
Fun and Functional Backyard Makeover Projects
Cooking in your outdoor kitchen keeps you in the enter of the action, instead of cooking by yourself in the kitchen. By adding a custom outdoor kitchen to your backyard, you’ll be transforming what used to be just another tedious chore into a chance to spend quality time with the whole family. While some people love to be the grill master of the backyard barbecue and cook up anything from burgers to gourmet kabobs for their guests, you’re not limited to just a grill. Your outdoor kitchen can be decked out with the appliances of your choice. That includes pizza ovens, fire pits, smokers, rotisseries, and more.
Your outdoor kitchen can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Some opt for entire kitchen islands, equipped with appliances like fridges, dishwashers and ovens. That means plenty of counterspace too, of course.
Others prefer a simple grill for the occasional barbecue, perched on a deck and covered by an outdoor kitchen pergola to add some shade. They might use their outdoor table as their counterspace, and put their budget into their deck, patio, or their lawn’s green features.
What to Consider Before Building a Backyard Kitchen
Before diving head first into your new custom outdoor kitchen project, take some time to consider the following points:
- How often will you use your backyard kitchen?
- What features do you want included? Things such as a barbecue bar and a built-in island are musts for some people while others are happy with a simple outdoor grill island and a table.
- What grill options do you want to have? Charcoal, propane, and natural gas are the options – you can have more than one.
- Will you prep food outside or inside before you cook?
- What type of storage do you need and how much?
- Do you need a sink?
- How close to the house do you want your custom outdoor kitchen?
If you’re looking for quality landscape design pros with experience transforming simple lawns into custom backyards the whole family can enjoy, give us a call today, so we can discuss your ideas and get started on the outdoor kitchen of your dreams.
Outdoor Kitchen Design & Installation
What kind of outdoor kitchen are you imagining? Modern outdoor kitchens, for example, can bring the comfort and sophistication of your home into your backyard. Rustic outdoor kitchens tend to lean more towards those living an outdoorsy lifestyle. You might enter a rustic outdoor kitchen through one of our custom firepits. A modern outdoor kitchen, on the other hand, is more likely to feature clean-cut stone and an elegant barbecue grill.
Regardless of the type of outdoor kitchen you’re imagining, there are a few options you might consider adding to complete the look:
- Decks and patios: You need a deck or patio beneath your outdoor kitchen. We use only the most quality materials, from Ipe and Redwood boards to textured flagstone, rock, and interlocking stone. Our decks can match any style you’re looking for.
- Patio covers: If you will be cooking outside, you’ll need a little shade. A series of pergolas can cover the deck, or you can choose fabric and umbrella options to shade only sections.
- Islands: What’s an outdoor kitchen without some counter-space? Plus, if you plan on adding appliances, you’ll need a place to put them.
- Cooking: As we mentioned above, there are tons of cooking appliances you can add to your outdoor kitchen project, and you don’t have to choose just one. Barbecue grills and pizza ovens are the most popular. We can build them into your island, or they can be stand-alone features.
- Walkways: Complex outdoor kitchens that have multiple spaces can use walkways. Or you can use a walkway to connect the kitchen to the pool or the house.
- Lighting: Outdoor gatherings often last into the evening. Lighting is a smart safety feature and can make your space more beautiful.
- Seating: Eating outside is half the fun! There are so many seating options available for outdoor kitchens that it’s a little overwhelming. We can match your outdoor kitchen to your existing furniture, or pick out the perfect set to match your other kitchen features.
Not sure what kind of outdoor kitchen you can achieve with your budget or style? Reach out to us as Exotic Gardens, our designers would love to help you make your outdoor kitchen functional and fun for the whole family.
Barbecue Island Designs and Safety Considerations
When planning a grilling station or BBQ island, you want to be sure to think about the safety concerns of the place you plan on building it. If you have children who are going to be around the kitchen, you should plan to have proper storage for sharp knifes as well as a barbecue grill or cook top that has buttons on the top to make it more difficult for little hands to reach.
Safety goes beyond the cooking surfaces and knife storage, though. You’ll also want to make sure you have a flat, level space for your family so no one trips and falls. Your barbecue bar should include quality chairs that provide strong and sturdy yet easy to pull out seating.
Your outdoor grill island can be childproofed after installation, but by taking these important safety measures during the design phase of your project, you’ll safe yourself a lot of trouble later. Our team can help you think about your projects potential downsides and other problems you haven’t considered yet when we sit down with you to plan your backyard makeover. Just let us know about the people who will use the space and any concerns you may have.
Where to Build your Outdoor Kitchen
Where you are going to build your outdoor kitchen on your property is a major consideration. Some people want to place it closer to their house, while others want a larger space further from the house. Only you can decide what’s right for you and how you’ll use the space.
If you’re thinking about having your built in BBQ island and kitchen closer to the house, we have 3 reasons that will probably convince you:
- It’s convenient. When you have your outdoor kitchen closer to the house, you won’t have to walk long distances with food, dishes, and other supplies when you’re hosting guests or family.
- Shelter and protection. Placing your kitchen close to your house lets the walls of your home shelter and protect your kitchen without any added materials or cost.
- You’ll need to have utilities ran for your heat source and sink, and the further from the house you run these lines, the more expensive it gets. Additionally, if you have an existing patio or deck close to your house, you’ll save on that expense and won’t need a new foundation for your outdoor kitchen project.
These are compelling reasons to place your outdoor kitchen closer to your home, but we aren’t saying this is the only way. Having it further from your home has benefits as well. We really think you can’t go wrong by adding an outdoor kitchen on your property and we are happy to help you decide on the perfect location while drafting you BBQ island designs.
We can help you plan and design your outdoor kitchen in Morgan Hill and surrounding areas. Our team of experienced professionals will provide everything from the design to the construction to making sure your outdoor living space is perfectly suited to your family’s lifestyle when your backyard makeover projects are all said and done.
We’ve been designing and building outdoor kitchens for years and we bring that knowledge and experience to all of our projects, making sure that no detail is missed. Adding an outdoor kitchen to your home is a great way to make your outdoor space more enjoyable and increase your property’s value. Call Exotic Gardens today and ask about our outdoor kitchen makeover projects in Morgan Hill and surrounding areas. You’ll be glad you did!